Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trips to College Park and Charleston

On Nov 5th I drove up to College Park for an NCHS alumni reunion lunch, then spent time in the office for the next 2 days. Mary Lew was a wonderful hostess. "Lucrecia Borgia" was totally wonderful at the Sunday Washington Opera matinee. It starred Rynee Fleming and Ruggero Raimondi. There was a Q and A session with the audience afterwards with Maestro Domingo and principals.

Then on to Charleston where I stayed with Patti, Jeff, Maddy, and Cucumber. We had a birthday lunch for Clara with Betsy, crepes, lots of sushi, film about mountaintop removal, and a dinner at Edgewood with the Browns III and IV. I think I will not wear that dress again until I have lost 20 pounds. I think I am brave to publish this photo.



I drove home in fog and rain with big trucks down I77 on Nov 13th.