
Not mine, but I loved the concept and execution.

Newly framed and hung "Helena"

Autumn in the courtard
Reminiscences from Quarrier Street....
October afternoon
by CW Burt
Mellow light bounces off the gold and red leaves of trees that line the street
The sun plays hide and seek with the cool breeze
Houses all facing each other with front porches
As I take the long walk home I see no other person
Unlit carved pumpkins greet me with each few steps
Their darkened eyes waiting for their own internal glow
The aroma of fallen leaves and apples mingle sublimely
How fine to know my street so well!
Most days it’s just a long walk home from school
But today, each step is a blessing
Time is a gift - moments to treasure the change from summer to winter,
From day to night, from work to play, from child to woman
Patiently awaiting my own internal glow
