Friday, May 11, 2012

Drivin' down the road

I've been doing a lot of driving lately including a trip to Charleston, WV and one to Cherokee, NC.  Each were about a 5-hour drive.  In Charleston I attended the Black Diamond celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts.  I attended an alumnae tea with several former troop and Camp Ann Bailey staff and campers.  We then went over and sang at the sing-a-long at the Civic Center.  I also got to attend the CLOG's production of "The Color Purple."  It was great seeing Patti, Jeff, and Uncle Jim as well all the girl scouts.  Patti's garden was sporting some magnificent peonies.


Reunion of Camp Ann Bailey friends at the alumnae tea

Patti's Peonies

This week I represented Chapel Hill Chapter of NARFE at the NC Federation Conference in Cherokee.  On the way over I had lunch with Karla Woggin in Hickory.  The conference was not all that informative and I didn't want to visit the casino so I just took a walk along the creek that separated the hotel from the casino.

Cherokee, NC

While I didn't learn much useful at the conference concerning NARFE, I did learn the wonderful Cherokee story of wisdom about the two wolves so please click here to hear the story.

My roses are now all spent but below is how they looked before I went to Cherokee.
My roses

My roses

More my roses