Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Piroshki
So why do I call this "Piroshki"? Because it's my latest "go to" food. Having finished all of Ester's empanadas I have to do my own little pies. I like these because the dough is bread as opposed to a short dough like a Cornish Pastie (lots of butter). I love the pork/chorizo burgers that we had at ML & R's a few years ago, so I just make the filling like the pork burgers except I add carrots, potatoes, onions, sauerkraut, and dill pickles. Very tasty. I bake them then freeze them and pull out what I need and heat up. They are really nice for taking to the movies or a hike in the woods.
I had my last acupuncture session last week. I cannot take it anymore- too painful for me. I also had a cortisone injection in my elbow but don't really think that helps much either. Guess I'm destined for a bad right arm.
I highly recommend the movie "Side Effects" - about depression and pharmacotherapy. Also saw "Quartet" with Maggie Smith and Pauline Collins. It was about a retirement home for musicians and ex-opera singers. I cut my roses back for the Spring and hope I did it correctly. My neighbor, Ed, helped me throw out my dead palms that I left out for the winter freeze to kill. I just couldn't stand to bring them in one more time. My Camellia bush had lots of blossoms all on the bottom. Guess the trimming got rid of the buds on the top. I must remember that for next year. I'm ready for Spring now. I'm off to Florida next week, then when I return I have the Pirates of Penzance for 2 weeks. So, I'll be pretty busy.