After returning from my trip to Florida, I was immediately into the final week of rehearsals for the
Pirates of Penzance. I was again in the Royal Chorus but this year we had two weekends of performances rather than one. Many friends came to see the show and all loved it. ML and Robert came the final weekend. It was great to have them here with Georgia even if it was only for 2 nights. After the run, Holy Week was upon me (which is always busy). I helped my friend, Sim, prepare his Seder by making kugel and an unleavened cake for Passover. On Easter, I went to a lovely brunch at the Carolina Club with my friend, Joyce. I seemed to pass the anniversary of Moody's death without difficulty but it was nice to have ML and R here on that day.
Springtime finally rolled in with April and it went from right chilly to damn hot in a 24-hr period. The pollen came up with Bill and Melva who visited on their way back to MD from a month in FL. Below are some pics.
 |
| Irina, Veronique, and me - ladies of the Pirates of Penzance ensemble |
 |
| Sim's Seder |
 |
| Weeping cherry in bloom in first week of April |
 |
| Carolina jasmine in bloom in my courtyard. |
What I don't have pics from was the debut of my old timey band at an open mic on April 10th. Pam on banjo, Phyllis on guitar, Mike on fiddle, and me on fiddle and vocal-- performed 4 songs at the Pittsboro Roadhouse. We had a nice crowd because it was Sim's birthday and many of his friends came for dinner and to hear our string band. The next day was ML's 30th Bday. I was sorry not to be in Baltimore with her for that celebration.
Meanwhile..... I still have my tennis elbow. I was able to get through a tennis clinic last week but I didn't have to play all the time. I am now seeing my chiropractor for the elbow, but it still hurts.