Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April

Cold front is barreling in to Pittsboro at the moment. Supposed to get to 30 degrees tonight.  I hope it doesn't hurt my peonies.  Bill and Melva visited the first weekend in April. Since they left the pollen has moved in.

Saturday night we had our "Vintage Bash" to raise money for Voices. Irina and I sang two duets which folks seemed to like.  It was a party set on 1960's mode so we sang I Will and Those Were The Days (including a verse and chorus in Russian). 
 
Yesterday we went to a stage production of the Wizard of Oz. It was a Webber and Rice musical based on the 1939 movie.  They used most of the dialogue and songs from the movie but added some new songs.  It was very good.  Toto stole the show however.




I went to see the oral surgeon about removing my wisdom teeth based on my dentist's recommendation. It is scheduled for Sept. 8.


Patti made me a beautiful bowel/basket of many colors.



Sim and I joined several of his friends for Sunday brunch at the Carolina Club before we went to see the Sorcerer in Durham.  I'm glad I didn't want to do the show this year. I don't think I could have watched it 5-6 times from the Royal Chorus.


Guess who?


It's hailing outside. Hope all have a happy Easter and Passover.