Friday, November 21, 2014

November is dancing

John and Carol came to visit for almost one week early in the month.  We went Scottish Country Dancing in RTP one night.  I know some folks there because they come to our local Ceilidh dancing.  I said I would try to attend regularly in January since I could get a ride over on Thursday evenings.  I'm considered an experienced dancer on our Tuesday lunch time Ceilidh dances.  I did Scottish Country dancing for about 3 years in the mid 1990's in DC.

Sim and I are in Mexico now where I have had my first individual Argentine Tango lesson.  I will get 5 more plus some dances within the next week. I am very excited about learning how to do it.  There is not just one type of tango dancing but many. Basic tango, tango waltz, tango milonga, and multiple neo tango styles. 

We are staying with Lee and Richard again just two blocks from the main square of San Miguel de Allende. Their dog Baily and their son, Noah, are here as well.  Check out the living wall at the bottom which is an installation of plants hung up on a wall.  The plants are mostly succulents.