In Seattle, Terry and I went to the Science Museun for an exhibit on Pompeii and an IMAX film on Ancient Greece & the volcano eruption on Santorini (Thira) in 1600 BC. The exhibit included castings from the ash graves of Pompeii residents who were killed immediately from near 500-degree heat from the eruption. It also included lots of artifacts from Pompeii and background music from HBO's "Rome". Terry and I walked around Pike Street Market where I bought some yummy cheese (Beecher's Flagship) made across the street. ( I think it some kind of white cheddar from cow's milk) Tuesday night we had French food at a bistro with my former boss, Jane, who moved there 3 years ago when she retired from NCHS. Her house near Lake Washington is gorgeous! Terry showed me all around Horizon House where she lives just a block from the Convention Center. She is lucky to live on such a nice CCRC. We went to Ash Wednesday service at her Church which is near her previous residence, a really cute house near a park. We also walked along the canal locks between Lake Washington and the Pueget Sound. She gave me the recipe for her mother's Old Fashion Cocktail that Moody made every Xmas. It is very yummy! Glad to get home to Sim and da girls who had been in snow and ice and temps below freezing for a week. United Airlines was on time for almost all the flights!
Sim, John, Carol, and I have signed up for a cruise from Venice to Istanbul next March (2016). It stops at Santorini which will be really fun. Also is a pic of the lovely card tablecloth that Patti made for me.
Terry is on the left and Jane on the right.
Terry's cute former house in Seattle.
Waterfall in Pioneer Square in Seattle









