I searched for about an hour until it got dark then went back home. Zoe was not sitting on the porch. I went in and waited a while, going out every few minutes and calling her. I called Patti and she insisted I go back out in the dark and the rain and find Zoe. So I went out with a flashlight, a knife, and Zelda on a lead. I let Zeda lead the way across the street into the ravine. I used the flashlight to see where to step (over limbs, under trees, around rocks) and all of a sudden, there was Zoe on her leash which was caught. I put her on my other lead and unhooked her as I could not find the handle of the leash. I went back the next day and found the leash attached about three feet high on a tree in a block of trees behind the house of a friend on the other side of the ravine. Zoe seemed no worse for wear. I'm sure that without Zeda searching, I would not have found Zoe and she would have spent the night out in the rain.
I see I have not made an entry about the week that Lee and her family were here and when Bill and Melva visited. We had lovely visits including a Seder that Sim made for his family. Ron and Rhoda came over to see Bill and Melva. I made them Bestever and Pear and lime jello salad -very retro. We had chocolate-cherry cake for Sim's birthday. I served tortellini with prosciutto to Lee and Richard, starting with roast shrimp. Below are pics from the Seder, my Easter eggs, and Arlo.



