Wednesday, May 13, 2015

NYC

Last weekend Sim and I traveled to NYC for my uncle's memorial tribute. We drove to Maryland then took a Bolt Bus to Manhattan. We got there in time to see some shows. I saw The Audience with Helen Mirren portraying Queen Elizabeth II. It is snippets of weekly meetings with her PMs over the last 68 years or so. It was fabulous but the 2 corgis that had scenes in the second act was my favorite. I am thankful to Catharine who got me the ticket.  Saturday night we had dinner with our hosts, Mickey and Bobby at a Turkish restaurants.

The memorial on Sunday morning was very nice being held at Catharine's Second Stage theater. It was followed by a lovely buffet lunch at the Hilton.   It was great to be with John and Carol, Ned and Royal, Courtney, Catharine, Charlie, Christine, and all the Chamblee's.  We took the bus back that evening and drove home Monday morning.