Sunday, June 14, 2015

35th Wedding Anniversary

It's hard to believe that Moody and I were married 35 years ago today.  It seems so long ago and yet just like yesterday.  It was hot that day just like today here in NC.  Our recessional was Widor's Toccata and it still takes my breath away every time I hear it on the radio. My choir friends all helped make the refreshments served in the parish hall.  We had 3 dulcimer players in the courtyard hammering out mountain tunes.  I had lots of family and friends there besides the whole congregation.  It was a blessed day.




I have not updated my blog in a while.  Patti and Jeff came to visit over Memorial Day weekend.  We toured downtown Pittsboro and went to my Sunday church service.  We played poker and Mexican Train Dominoes and grilled dinner on the BBQ.  Today is Jeff's 64th birthday.  Wish I knew how to add a music file to play the Beatles song.

Our Voices concert was May 30.  It was wonderful and I'm sure I'll get a link to highlights some day soon.  I went to visit our director, Sue, at her house on Bald Head Island.  We walked on the beach, drove around in a golf cart, looked in the shops, swam in the pool, and cooked a lot of dinners.  It was lovely.

This weekend I am taking it easy after hosting our women's tennis tea last Tuesday.  I'm getting ready to go to Montreat in the mountains of NC for a church music conference; like choir camp for adults.  Folks from my church rent a house there and we will be sharing food, etc.  I think it will be something like Shrinemont. Also, our last Scottish dance group meets this week, we will be off until September.  I have some pics below of some paintings I made for a school project about "Spain" when I was 11 years old. Maybe I should have stuck with painting. I am excited about going to Spain for the first time this October (Andalusia), and a concert tour there with my chorus in June (Northwestern area).



And of course, a picture of Arlo sitting at his new table...