Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Knee Injury

Yes, it is true that I injured my knee when I fell while walking da girls down to mail a Christmas card. A picture is below because it is just dreadful. I was walking along the edge of the road as there are no sidewalks or paths. I looked up to see a car and proceeded to step into a whole where the tar road was cracked. My left knee slammed into the crack and it sliced off the flesh from atop the knee cap. I had to walk back home with da girls then drive to urgent care where they sewed it together with ten stitches. Boy did that hurt! I had the sutures removed last Sunday but the knee still hurts. It looks like the Grand Canyon.


I was scheduled to host the holiday social for our ladies tennis group a few days after the fall. Luckily, there were other ladies helping to provide goodies. I had fun decorating for it anyway,





Sim took me to Asheville for my birthday so we could tour the Biltmore Estate. I borrowed a cane from a neighbor to help me get around. We had to climb about 400 steps on the various tours; candlelight, servants quarters, etc. I had to keep the left leg straight so it was slow-going.  We enjoyed it very much despite the ambulatory issues. We also enjoyed two great meals at Cúrate and Chestnut in downtown Asheville. I highly recommend them. Our condo studio was very nice as well with fireplace and full kitchen. They had a fire pit and hot tub so we sat out there for awhile when we got home from seeing "Spotlight" at the local movie house. On the way home we stopped near Charlotte to celebrate Chanukah with Sim's family: two children, three grandchildren and one great grandchild. Sim's grandson cooked the chicken and latkes. Afterwards we had a rousing game of dreidel with all manner of M&Ms.


 
 


This week we are getting ready for our chorus concert Saturday night. I hope I can stand through the six hours of rehearsal and performance. I also am coming right along in my Spanish lessons. Thankfully, that is an activity that rests my knee. I am looking forward to spending Xmas with Bilek-Burts in their new home in Fairfax CA.  Sim will take care of da girls for me. I don't know what I would do without his help!