We took a kayak trip on a lagoon lead by Alejandro who showed us magnificent water birds and explained the Eco-culture of the area. After the tour he gave us each a green coconut to drink the water. It was much better than the bottled coconut water.
One morning we went fishing in a motor boat and caught 13 bonitos (same family as tuna) which we had for supper that night.
I took a short class in how to make tamales from the local restaurant. They cook everything on wood fires as if you were camping out -really incredible. I spent a lot of time in the hammock overlooking the ocean and reading my book or studying my Spanish lessons. If you ever wish to go there I suggest staying at the Tres Mujeres . It's right on the beach within walking distance of restaurants. Rent the Azul suite! While we were there they were paving the dirt roads. It will soon look very different so go within the next few years.
I took a short class in how to make tamales from the local restaurant. They cook everything on wood fires as if you were camping out -really incredible. I spent a lot of time in the hammock overlooking the ocean and reading my book or studying my Spanish lessons. If you ever wish to go there I suggest staying at the Tres Mujeres . It's right on the beach within walking distance of restaurants. Rent the Azul suite! While we were there they were paving the dirt roads. It will soon look very different so go within the next few years.
Because of the snowmageddon on the East coast we could not get home as planned. We could not rebook because we had no wifi or phone service. We flew in and out of Ixtapa via Houston (IAH). We spent Saturday night in Houston with a friend of Lee's who kindly put us up. Then all day Sunday we tried to get flights back to RDU. We ended up going to Chicago at 6am then getting a flight from there to RDU at 6 pm. Luckily, United Airlines changed my flight to SFO from this morning to Wednesday morning. I have to wait 2 days to meet little Lyle but I need the rest from the travels. Below are some more photos from Troncones.
![]() |
| Tamales cooking class |












