May has been very busy. It started with our fabulous Spring Voices Chapel Hill concert on May 4. Then there was a wonderful Women's Voices concert in Durham on May 6 dedicated to refugees. We had a block party on May 9. Then there was a Mother's Day brunch at my house for Rick and Sandy's birthdays. I hosted our Third Wednesday cocktail party. I went to Boston for Molly's baby shower hosted by Bird where I got to meet her guy, Bear. Molly's due June 13. Tonight we went to a party to hear from the tour company about our concert tour to Scotland next month. I made a yummy
Salmon en croute which I recommend to you.
This weekend I'm hosting an Afternoon Tea for Sue and Scott as she is retiring from choral conducting and Scott is also leaving Voices. I am probably leaving Voices as well. All the roses in my garden are blooming!!! I'm still taking Spanish lessons and pottery classes. We have a Spanish class dinner at a local Mexican restaurant tomorrow night. The pottery classes are over for the season but I hope to start up again in September and learn how to throw pottery on the wheel. Below are some pics.
 |
| Voices Concert |
 |
| Mother's Day Brunch |
 |
| Block Party |
 |
| Molly and Patti |
 |
| Patti, Bethe and Helen |
 |
| Bird and Molly |
 |
| Shower cupcakes |
 |
| Tapas dinner in Boston |
 |
| Rose garden |
 |
| Salmon en croute for the Scotland party |
Below are some of my pottery art. I have a long way to go.
 |
| My pottery: pears and tray |
 |
| My pottery: fruit |