Here it is Winter's Eve. The days will be getting longer after tomorrow. Thank Goodness!! I have not posted since before Thanksgiving. Sim and I spent turkey day at Sim's son's house in Apex. I provided the sweet potato biscuits and apple pie. Sim brought a fruit platter and Sandy did everything else. In reciprocation, Sim hosted a family Hannukah celebration last weekend. It was postponed from the previous weekend due to a snow storm making it hard for the Charlotte contingent to get here. Sim made all the latkes and I made the green beans and assortment of cookies as well as Lulu's potato rolls. Sandy brought the chicken. Sim and I made the applesauce in the crockpot which is a staple at my house. We had 8" of snow which will count as our white Christmas. Only a few piles still exist.
We have been attending concerts, Met HD operas, and sundry cocktail parties. I finally got to see Hamilton and it was quite wonderful. I hosted a festive dinner earlier this week with Sue & Scott and Daphne & Bob. I served multi appetizers with Old Fashions, braised leeks, salmon en croute, succotash, mashed potatoes, potato rolls, and crepes Suzette. It was all quite yummy and mostly made the day before.
Last Sunday, little Catie was Baby Jesus in Newton. Do check out her picture below.
Brother Bill turned 80 and I turned 66. My mother would have turned 99!! For Christmas I am heading to ML's and will post pics from that later. I hope you all will have a merry holiday and wish you to recall some of your favorite Christmas memories. I will share one of my favorites.
At Kanawha School, we always spent the last day before our break gathering in the huge central hall around a large decorated pine tree. Each grade would sing a carol and then the whole school sang more carols. It was magical! Ned ordered up some Xmas lights for the school tree from Green's Drug Store and charged them to Dad -not a popular action when the bill arrived. But I digress...the holiday event at our school was very special to me because I knew that Ned and John were also there sitting on the steps that went up to the upper grades classrooms. It was a very secure feeling knowing that everyone in that building was feeling peace and joy that day. I wish we could feel that every day. Joy is a gift -we cannot make it happen by decorating trees, wrapping presents, or baking cookies. Joy to the World!
 |
| My eticket to Hamilton |
 |
| My Mexican Angels |
 |
| Hannukah 2018 |
 |
| Zelda in the snow |
 |
| some of my sugar cookies |
 |
| Catie as Baby Jesus |
 |
| Lyle and Arlo |
 |
| Justin, Emily, Ellie, Eric, Laura |
 |
| Sabdy, Sim and Jonathon |
 |
| Festive buffet |
 |
| Goodwins and Boders at our festive dinner |
 |
| Cookies by ML |