I haven't posted in a while because I have been extremely busy. I decided to move to California to be near my grandchildren so I rushed out there to put an offer on a very nice but very expensive house in Woodacre which was only 10 minutes from Fairfax. Offer was not accepted. So I went home and kept looking and decided on a townhouse condo in Novato which was affordable. It's 30 minutes from Fairfax but only 10 minutes from Robert's work. I prepared the offer paper work before I left for Israel. I was in Israel when the offer was accepted. I spent every evening in the hotels reviewing a ton of paperwork that ML had to electronically sign on my behalf. I returned home in time to finish all the financial paperwork for the mortgage to tied me over until my house in NC sells. It's been on the market for 7 days and no offers so far. The moving van comes May 2, my car is shipped May 6, and I fly out May 10 in time for the furniture and car to arrive in Novato.
This all started because a couple came by and said they wanted to buy my house, would I please sell it to them. Well during the process they changed their mind but I had already decided to go. I was very nervous about letting my beautiful home go and move somewhere I didn't know anybody but Mary Laurel and her family. That's more people than I knew when I moved to NC. During the Pilgrimage, Karla frequently was praying that God would help us let go and not be afraid to move on. While not directly meant for my behalf, the prayers worked because I am no longer afraid to let go and move on. California is a very expensive place to live, but I have faith that it will all work out. But I am glad my offer was not accepted on that first expensive house.