Tuesday, June 25, 2019

End of June

I can't believe it's the last week of June already.  Time seems to fly out here.  I was supposed to have my hysterectomy today but that got cancelled because the doctor never found an assistant surgeon. What a way to do business!  I had already done all the pre-op tests and my friend had booked a flight to help me out the first week home.  Well all is being rescheduled for September.  I will be going to Lake Sunapee  next month after all and am looking forward to seeing  my brothers, Patti, Molly, and Catie (who is now a year old).

My NC house closed last week but after much discussion I decided to not pay off all the mortgage on my new CA condo.  I'm going to keep some cash back because there are needy and expensive repairs required here associated with HVAC.  Heating ducts that are rusted in the slab floor and lack of A/C are the biggest problems.  We had 3 days over 100 degrees a week or so ago and that was terrible!  I bought a portable A/C unit from Costco which has a tube that goes to the window.  Robert set it up in 10 minutes! I think I need to order another for my den but the one in the bedroom works fine.  I cool it off before I go to bed then turn it off.  Every night goes down to 53 degrees so it's not needed after midnight.

Last Sunday afternoon, the boys stayed here while ML and Robert went kayaking nearby.  We had a great time in the pool, then chips & lemonade followed by a Disney video.  When their parents arrived we enjoyed margaritas, gazpacho, lamb meat balls with cilantro chutney & Bazmati rice, garbanzo bean salad, and fresh baked Turkish pide bread with labne.   The boys only ate the bread!

I have been to two churches but have another one to check out.  I also checked out the Senior Center at an Hawaiian dinner last week; average age was 85-95.  The dinner was very tasty however.

I like to get sushi at least once a week and the chef there knows to make me a special roll of inside out salmon with avocado on top with tobiko & crunch strewn about. ML and I also enjoyed going for dim sum on her lunch break last Friday.  I continue to watch the seasons I missed from Ertugrul.  The finale was the end of May but I have seasons 3 and 4 to finish now they are on Netflix.  I also have my Great Courses that I frequently watch.  I'm in an interesting history of food at the moment.

A few weeks ago, Arlo graduated from pre-K at a nice picnic in the park in Fairfax.  He will start kindergarten in August.  Amazing how he's growing up so fast!  He and Lyle enjoy playing together quite a bit which is really nice.

Arlo holding his graduation papers with ML

Turkish pide bread