Monday, October 25, 2021

Trip to Maryland

 I had a lovely time in Maryland seeing long-time friends, former colleagues, and family. Mary Marshall and I went to our parish retreat in Orkney Springs, VA over the weekend. Moody started this tradition 40 years ago and I was so glad to see it is still so popular. I attended choir practice at St. Andrew’s and was so impressed with the current music director and current singers. I was amazed at the number of people who recognized me while I was wearing my Covid mask.

There were lots of parties with various sets of friends. I especially enjoyed seeing cousin Deborah with brother John and Carol at the Jewel of India restaurant on Friday night. Saturday afternoon we celebrated my niece’s birthday at Catonsville Gourmet, a fabulous restaurant.

I even managed to get up to Bmo for dinner at The Helmand with Don and Millie. Yesterday I went to St. Andrew’s for church with Anna Jones and her younger daughters.

I got sad news on Sunday that my little Zoe died probably from esophageal cancer. Zelda died 2 years ago now they are both gone to glory. Watch this space for Halloween pics of my grandchildren in the next week.