Thursday, January 26, 2012

I thought Moody was better today but now he's asking for the "other" Cathy Burt.  Yesterday, I could not convince him who I was and that he was home.  He wanted to call "Cathy Wilson Burt" and ask her to take him home.  We walked to the end of the street and he asked our neighbor, David, who I was.  Later I ened up calling ML on the phone to get her to assure her Dad that I am the one and only Cathy Burt.  This morning he seemed ok, he knew me and was talking about all kinds of things from the distant past.  But now, at noon, he is confused again.  I stopped giving him the inhaler this morning thinking that may have something to do with his extreme confusion.  It's the only new medication he is on. 

Last night around 1 am he got up and got dressed and had Zoe on a leash wanting to take her out but he could not find the door.  I asked him to go back to the bedroom, undress, and please go to sleep - not to distrurb me or the dogs while it is dark.  The dogs look at me so funny - they know something is terribly wrong.

I got some pamphlets on some agencies that might could send over a companion that could stay with him while I go to some of my rehearsals.  I also started the claim process on his long-term care insurance policy that would provide funding for care (either residential, in-home, or day-care).  They are going to send a nurse out to "evaluate " him.  Then we must wait 90 days before the policy could reimburse me for care expenses.  My cough is still really bad so I really don't think I should go to my Iolanthe rehearsal tonight.  I feel bad about that because I missed last week as well.