Saturday, January 21, 2012

Life at 10 Macon

AMB III 1984
Both Moody and I have colds, though his cough has been around for almost a month.  The Doc had him get a chest x ray but she said it's not worse than before.  He has a bit of emphysema. She has him using an inhaler but it's not really helping.  He is very confused so I'm not sure if it's related to less oxygen in his brain or not.  Sometimes he asks me who I am.  He doesn't recognize this house as home.  Last night he didn't know where the bathroom or kitchen was.  He thought Jeff and Patti were visiting and wondered where they were.  We go back to the Doc in early February for a FU, as well as back to the cancer doc for a check-up to see if he is still in remission.  He didn't think he could take the dogs for a walk as he felt weak.  He also couldn't remember where to walk them.  That means the dogs are getting walked less than normal because we usually each take them for a long walk during the day.  Zoe expressed her frustration by eating the button and part of the pillow that ML gave me for Xmas.  Very annoying!

Meanwhile, Monday is Chinese New Years - the year of the water dragon!

THE WATER DRAGON 1952 AND 2012
Water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiasm, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight like other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another.

Since I was born in the dragon, it's supposed to be a lucky year for me.  The sushi bar chef thought I was 48 yo when I said I was born in the year of the dragon.  That was nice - he didn't believe it when I said I'll be 60 this year.  So Happy Chinese New Year!