Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mid-June

I'm trying to find a life after Moody.  I've been attending a Grief Support group run by UNC Hospice in Pittsboro.  I'm not sure the exercises we do really help but I'm fully participating.  The tennis has been really fun and I am improving with the clinic sessions.  I have been substituting so have been playing about 3 times a week.

Our Pollyfonix group performed Yiddish and Jewish songs at the Havurah Dinner Tuesday night.  We were well-received and it was fun.  The Voices rehearsals are in full swing for the Faure Requiem and other "heavenly" songs.  That concert will be July 13.  Soon after that I have my summer progress to New England with Zoe and Zelda- it should be fun.  I also had my first rehearsal with Irina to sing duets at various open mikes.  We have a rehearsal Wednesday with the guitarist, Stan, and plan to go to an open mike that evening in Durham. 

Tonight I went to a Swing Dance in Carrboro.  There were lots of people there and a live jazz band.  While no one asked me to dance, I asked several folks to dance and held my own.  I left after about 2 hours.

Tomorrow is Sunday so I will go to Chapel in the Pines, then in the afternoon I have a Voices board meeting in Chapel Hill where we will discuss all the finance and budget stuff (using the report I prepared).  Later in the afternoon I'm going to Pittsboro for a beginner fiddle jam session.

In the meantime, this week I had a nice dinner with Robert and Kathy P who were visiting the area.  I also paid off my mortgage, met with a financial planner, had my knives sharpened, weeded the garden, and walked da girls multiple times every day.  Robert said my calendar was extremely busy and he is correct.  I imagine I have bit off more than I can chew.  Thursday was Moody and my 32nd wedding anniversary.  Seems like yesterday!