Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumnal Equinox

I am looking forward to a tour to Morocco at the end of November with my friend, Cathy.  In the meantime I am rehearsing for several concerts (vocal and fiddle), playing tennis almost daily, enjoying my new 50" Samsung TV, and walking the dogs.  I am happy to discover that my kayak fits in my car so I don't have to dread putting it on the car (which required a step stool). 

This coming Saturday night is a full moon paddle which I am planning to go to as part of "Meetup"; an online events calendar.  I went to a ukulele playing meetup last night mostly because it was in my neighborhood.  I was surprised to discover that they all had their ukes tuned a whole step lower than mine.  Don't know what earth shattering moment occurred in the last 45 years to render my chord structure useless.  I did that instead of going to the Shag dance lesson because I am not learning much at those lessons. 

My neighbor brought me over a whole bag of green tomatoes which reminded me of when Patti sent me a box of the same on the Greyhound bus to College Park in 1975.  I ate on them all Fall.

Two Sundays ago there was a memorial service here for former Hospice patients.  It was not well attended.  I lit a candle for Moody.  Oh well- time for another rehearsal.