Well I didn't buy a fat pig on my trip but I certainly got around as you can see.
After my last post in early August, I stayed with Patti in New Hampshire for a week. I went back to see Opera North's production of the
Cunning Little Vixen since it featured one of my cast-mates from the Durham Savoyards. Patti and I took the dogs down daily for a swim in the lake. Patti and I enjoyed a trip to the King Arthur Flour store where we bought some products-who could resist. I left New Hampshire on August 15 bound for Portland ME to visit Waite and Christine, then down to Holden MA to visit Ted and Deb Harris. While in Maine, I had to drop into LL Bean for a new dress.
 |
| LL Bean Bootmobile |
On August 17, I headed for Nantucket for our timeshare week at Mariner House. During the four days I spend there I got to the beach once. It rained some and we were busy, busy with a tree-planting ceremony at the Ellicott's house for Liddy, Lou and Willy; making and eating BLTs; and playing tennis with Catharine, Deborah, and Ben. Molly stayed the weekend and ML and Robert came up all week and stayed after I left on Tuesday. We had several really fun games of
Salad Bowl with the Chamblees and Guihers.
 |
| Gluten-free pizza for Christine at the tree-planting party |
 |
| Jim, Deborah, Catharine, and Ben |
 |
| John, Jim, and Jim (Harvard Law School buddies) |
 |
| Annie playing Salad Bowl |
 |
| Robert playing Salad Bowl |
 |
| Fiddlin' Mama in the new LL Bean dress |
 |
| ML and me at New Main Restaurant |
 |
| Robert & ML at the Beach |
 |
| Robert, Molly, and me at the tree-planting |
 |
| After tree planting |
 |
| Me and Debby M. |
 |
| At Surfside Beach |
I headed down to John and Carol's in Middleton NJ where I learned about chia seeds, then the next day had lunch with Sue Davies in the beautiful Garnett Valley of PA and ended in Columbia with Bill and Melva. We had a lovely dinner at Bare Bones with Lisa and Drew. The next day I checked out the new Wegmans with the Shaughnessys and then headed for College Park. I had lunch with several NCHS colleagues and apple pie with Mary Lew and Anne. A delightful dinner at the New Deal Cafe with the Niedners, Perkinsons, and Gervasis added to the fun of seeing my diddy girls who had been enjoying their month visit with Don and Kathy. On August 25 I returned home with da girls.
 |
| Bill and Melva |
 |
| Mal and Dianne |
 |
| Kathy and Don |
 |
| Susan and Frank |
At home, time was spent getting the hot water heater back on; the cable, telephone and Internet back on with TWC; and the mail read and dealt with. None of this was easy and took several days.
I really, really enjoyed by sojourn north and plan to repeat a lot of it next summer. I put the pillows that Patti and I made from Moody's old shirts on our bed in the guest room and am trying to settle in to what feels like an alternative universe-- one where Moody doesn't live. It's a very strange place.
 |
| Pillows from Moody shirts |