Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

Everybody is putting up pics of their Dads who were in the War (aka WWII).  Alas, the pic I have of my Dad in his uniform is nicely framed and hanging high on my wall - so I took a pic on my iphone and put it up as well.  See for yourself.
Lt. Commander John M. Wilson, USN

Today was the Sing-thru for Pirates of Penzance which the Durham-Savoyards will be producing in March.  Can't wait to audition - though there is not much alto in the chorus- mostly all soprano (ie, bevy of beautiful girls).  My new bar arrived last week from Restoration Hardware.  It's based on an old wallpaper cart.  I really like it.



The vegetarian business is not going too well, though I have not bought any meat at the grocery store.  I'm still eating up meat from the freezer. I had a week off of playing tennis so my arm got some rest.  This coming week I play almost every day, however.  The time change is rather depressing- makes for longer nights and the cold means I can't sit out on the porch or the courtyard.  I'm looking forward, however, to spending Thanksgiving with Burt-Bileks in Bmo, then off to Morocco where I can sing "Midnight at the Oasis".