Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Last week on vacation

The last week in NH was very pleasant and the leaves were starting to turn. We had one more game night at Jim and Ellen's. It's so nice that everyone liked Mexican Train Dominoes. The modified 7-up biscuits to ginger ale were a big hit and the recipe is now in my recipe blog.












































I picked up Sim at Manchester airport then we spent some time at the Lexus dealer with my check engine light. Then we were off to Brookfield for a delicious dinner at Lee and Richard's restaurant.  I put over 300 miles that day since we returned to NH that evening.

Friday night, Sim and I enjoyed dinner at Three Tomatoes and Lucia di Lammamoor in Lebanon. John and Carol came Saturday night on their way to Maine for a folk dance camp. Sim and I left to drive to Greenbelt early Sunday morning. Traffic was fine until we passed New Brunswick then it was bumper to bumper mostly all the way to Greenbelt.  We had a lovely dinner at Popeye's. It was hard for us to leave Sunapee. Zelda hid for awhile and Zoe would not let me out of her site. 

We had a great time with the family at Lisa and Adam's new house near Scaggsville. Lisa made a fabulous dinner and we played a rousing game of Salad Bowl. It was too bad that Bill and Melva were out of town. I had lunch with the office friends and church friends. Dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant with Don & Kathy and Frank. I saw Susan and my friend Cathy earlier that day in Bowie.  Finally, my old neighbor gave me back the 11' wooden ladder that Moody and I had refinished for ML. We left on Wednesday and got home by 1pm--everyone happy to be home.  
Ferguson's, Chamblee's, and Shaughnessy's























 


Mrs. Sichur was at ML's nursery school and said hey

Friends from NCHS at Ledo's Pizza


It has taken me a week to unpack and find places for the stuff I acquired.  Bills are now paid.