I started this blog then as well to keep family and friends informed about my retired life in a new environment. It has my publications, genealogy, pictures of my Chinese brush paintings, link to my cookbook recipes, and running blog entries about Moody's cancer and death in addition to the running commentary and pics from activities.
In the beginning I was still consulting part time and busy getting the courtyard built and house arranged. ML was living in Oregon and thinking of moving back East. We had paperwork and medical stuff to take care of. Soon ML came and stayed with us for about 4 months. Then I took up mahjong with new friends. Then I joined two singing groups. Moody got sick and we had 6 months of treatment. During his extended year, we attended a beautiful wedding in Nantucket for ML and R. I joined the Durham Savoyards and have been in four G&S productions.
Some high points from the last 5 years include the singing tour we took with my chorus to Central Europe in 2010, our opera Elderhostel trip to Santa Fe, my trip to Morocco last November, John-Mac and Lani's wedding in Key West, my fiddle debut at an open mic last April, and my Mozart alto solo this past June with my chorus. The many funerals attended in the last 3 years have been challenges to my sanity (2 beloved aunts, uncle, and spouse). I am still trying to pick up those pieces of my life.
I have new friends that I made this year when I took up tennis again. I am on the board of directors for several organizations. I have greatly enjoyed going up to NH in the summers with Patti and Jeff. It offered opportunities to see Molly, Ned & Royal, John & Carol, and former neighbors. Coming home through MD allows me to visit Bill & Melva and their family, my College Park friends, and former work colleagues. Now that ML & R are living in CA, I'm sure I'll be planning many trips to the Bay Area. Sim and I have trips planned for SD, Mexico, and China in the next 7 months. My kitchen remodel is due to start in October with new countertops, farm sink, range top and new island hood. We'll have to see what the next 5 years have in store.

















