Monday, November 25, 2013

San Miguel de Allende


It wasn't easy to get here but SMA is beautiful! We flew to Mexico City via Houston then took a 3-hour bus ride and a 60 minute taxi ride. I did not realize how little Spanish I speak until I arrived. Lee and Richard's house it exceedingly beautiful. It feels a lot like the medinas of Morocco. High walls on the sidewalks are no indication of the beauty behind the front door. Lee's house opens to a courtyard with pool and fountain, then all the rooms are off the surrounding colonnade.



Courtyard of our house


our guest room

Ceiling

Sim, Lee, and Richard

On Monday, we went to La Gruta which had several pools with higher levels of heat, the last was in a cave with a large powerful waterwall and very hot water.  They are spring fed with naturally hot water.