This year's summer progress began with a stop at Lisa and Adam's house in Maryland. We had a wonderful family dinner and played Salad Bowl. It was so great to see everyone. Next day we drove up to New Hampshire taking the longer but more scenic route up the NY Thruway and across VT passing through the quaint town of Chester. The dogs were very happy to see Patti, Maddy, and Rosey. Molly and Bird came up for the weekend. Friday, Sim and I went to
My Fair Lady in Lebanon. We all went to the craft fair. Sunday, Sim and I left for Brookfield and visited with Sim's children and grandchildren (even two great grandchildren). Car had problems so it got fixed in Randolph with a new ignition coil. Tuesday, we went to Essex NY across Lake Champlain then a quick trip to Costco, dinner with folks in Montpilier, and attendance at the
Circus Smirkus. It was fabulous! It's a one-ring circus with kids 11-18 years performing terrific acrobatics and comedy. Wednesday we drove to South Hero to visit with the Pringles. More later.
Spent two nights in South Hero. We drove up to Noyan, Canada and bought some cheese at Fritz Kaiser Creamery. Then had lobsters and fresh corn for supper. A game of Hearts rounded the evening with Ed, Mary, Susan, and Bill. Their 2 dachshunds joined us.
Car trouble: as I write I am waiting for AAA to come tow us back to Randolph because I cannot drive the car. It drove well for two days but now sputters and spurts and I cannot get on the interstate to drive the 60 miles for further repair.
Sim and I attended a wonderful production of La Traviata at Opera North in Lebanon. John and Carol came by on their way to Maine.
Patti and I attended two different classes at King Arthur's Flour Store. I took ciabatta and Patti took sweet breads. We enjoyed ourselves.
On Tuesday, Sim and I drove to the Mountaineer Inn in Mt Snow to visit with Ned and Royal. The next day we drove to Saratoga Springs NY (as did Ned & Royal) for two nights. We had two great performances at the Philadelphia Orchestra including Bach and Brahams with Itzhak Perlman and the William Tell Overature and Respighi's Pines of Rome. We spent an afternoon at the racetrack where I lost the first six bets but in the seventh race, I picked a winner, MB and Tee. Unfortunately, 2 furloughs beyond the finish line, the filly collapsed and died. Not sure I can go back again. Ned and Royal drove to Quechee as did we and met up with Patti, Jeff, and Charlie for a delicious lunch at Simon Pearce.
Molly came to Sunapee for the evening which included Mexican Train Dominoes and Edgewood Specials made with my ciabatta. Saturday morning we all went to Lou's for breakfast and a quick stop at King Arthur Store. Tomorrow we leave for home stopping in PA to visit Sue and Steve.