Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Going home

On Sunday we left Lake Sunapee and headed south for home, stopping two nights in Pennsylvania. 
For a lunch break we stopped in Armonk for food from a great grocery store.  It had a bar and boce court on the upper level and almost any kind of cheese you can think of. We then went to Valhalla to visit Elana's grave. Sim showed me where his veterinary clinic used to be. It's a very pretty area and not far from where I lived in Yonkers. But because I didn't have a car there, I never got to noodle around Westchester Co. 


We then went on down to Sue and Steve's house in PA. We had a great crab cake for dinner and on Monday visited Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine River Museum: both, great places to visit.







On Tuesday morning we headed down DE 1 and US 301 and across the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge. We continued down to Pope's Creek and had lunch at Cap't Billy's Crabhouse. I love steamed crabs and don't often get them. Then we came on home.  It was great to bypass Bmo and DC traffic, though I missed seeing friends in those places. It's good to be home.