Fearrington Village is a most hospitable community in which to dwell. Each of those activities in which I engage has a different set of friends. We still have our regular neighborhood gatherings for wine and cheese multiple times a month and occasionally I will get to church. This last Friday my friend, chorus-director Sue, came over for a cook-off. I taught her to make ciabatta and some yummy ice cream, and she taught me to make a delicious Thai noodle salad with shrimp, angel hair pasta, sesame oil, and peanuts & fruit.
Sim and I often enjoy a dinner and/or movie/concert for entertainment. Having Sim in my life also exposes me to his vast set of family and friends. As you may know my favorite kind of vacation is to visit family. So now in addition to my family, I have Sim's family. We go to his son's in Apex twice a month for dinner and often get to see some of his grandchildren. Last time we also got to see one of his great grandchildren.
We are excited that his granddaughter who lives in Vermont will be moving to Concord NC. Hopefully we will get to spend more time with them. This weekend was National Grandparents Day so it was niece to be able to see Sim's granddaughter and her little 16-month girl here to cook for and play with. At Thanksgiving we will be visiting Sim's daughter, Lee and family in Mexico for a week. We had a wonderful time last year and expect to do so again. Lee and Richard are going to buy my 1990 Lexus RX300 to use in Vermont for gathering all their supply for their restaurant.
I bought a new Lexus which is 2012 CT200h. It's a small hybrid hatchback that has a very fancy navigational and communication system. I have to get a roof rack installed by REI to carry my kayak cradles.
It was a difficult choice and after driving my new car home I found it has a nasty buzz and rattle in the cabin near the passenger side. Will have it checked out Wednesday. It is certified and good for 3 yrs or 100,000 miles. In my case the 3 yrs as I will not get to that many miles in 3 years. It's definitely more sporty than my sport ute and I should be able to get my kayak up on the roof my myself.
Sim is doing an excellent job of taking care of my through my surgical extraction of all my Wisdom Teeth this morning. Doc says there may be more pain within the next 2 days.
I hope I feel well enough to provide the treasurer report and collect dues at our women's tennis group and then later to hand out CDs and sell tote bags at the first chorus rehearsal later tonight. I'm just eating soft foods like meat loaf and mashed potatoes.
I joined a Fantasy Football league and am trying to figure all that out as I only know enough football to root for the Redskins and Ravens when they try to make touch downs and field goals, etc.
I saw a wonderful house this weekend at a post-Ireland chorus party. I would sure like to convert my double windows in my Den to these doors that go out into my garden. See below.
This is something I'll have to study as I want to be able to open the sidelights for air so they would be screened. It would have to be approved by the Camden Park neighborhood architectural committee first. They have yet to approve my solar panels that I requested in July but I think they are just really slow. It took them 6 months to not approve my desire for a new front door. This side door Into the garden cannot be seen by the street or even the neighbor it faces because of plantings so I hope they will approve it. The solar panels are supposed to go up at the end of October.
I have several near events that I am looking forward to including seeing Molly and Matt in a few weeks here and traveling to MD to see ML, Robert, and Arlo. We are hoping to meet family at the Bagel Bin at 11am on Oct 11 so we can all welcome Arlo Moody into the family. I'll be visiting my office colleagues for dinner Oct 10 and go to church Oct 12 before driving home. I'll be staying in Greenbelt with the Perkinsons. John and Carol will be visiting me in early November which is about the same time Lee and Richard will be visiting Sim on their way to Mexico.
We are attending a Beatles Tribute Band and a showing of A Hard Day's Night this Saturday and next week to a play starring one of my theatrical friends. So it's busy already. Well it is time to take my heavy duty ibuprofen for my mouth.
Here are a few nice pics of Arlo and family.
Arlo started his daycare this week when ML returned to Restoration Hardware's Baby and Child store in Marin Co. Below is a pic from his new daily activity place.








