This Labor Day was interesting in that there are no more Union mines in KY. How can that be? So much blood was shed to get workers to stand up and be heard. It is good that the Federal Government has instituted many fair labor practices and created work safety standards for mines and other industries, thus negating the need for unions. But I hope things don't start to deteriorate without collective bargaining.
Going to school in the mornings after our family moved back on the hill, was usually a tense situation as my father had no patience for bad drivers and slowed traffic. It's really the only time I remember him cursing. His favorites were, "Goddamn!, Son-of-a-bitch!, and Bastard!" He did not hold with vulgar or lewd phrases so he never said "F**king Bastard!" or "Sh*thole". He had his standards. The worst that he would ever say in response to agregious driving behavior was to use all three of his phrases together, "Goddamn, son-of-a-bitchin' bastard!" It's probably the reason I don't much like to go anywhere in the car.
So fog in the morning means the advent of cooler weather, green tomatoes, and apples for applesauce. I'll have to check out the farmer's market tomorrow. Also, chorus starts up tonight and Scottish Country Dancing next week. Time to get cracking!