After returning from Nantucket, Patti and I enjoyed a week with visitors. Mary Pringle came the night after I got back to NH. Ned and Royal came over and we attended 2 Opera North performances. Jeff and Sim arrived. John, Carol, Molly, Matt, Vi, and Marty came for the weekend. We went to see Lee, Richard, and Laura in Brookfield Sunday morning. I went to the craft fair multiple times and I stayed within my budget (one necklace and some pottery)! I also finally got to King Arthur Flour and only bought some mixes and semolina.
Sim and I left Sunapee on August 16th and traveled via Albany to Sue and Steve's home in Garnet Valley PA. She prepared us a lovely dinner and we watched some of the Olympics. The Brazilian rum cocktail,
Caipirinhas, was a great addition to the fun (rum, sugar, and lime). The next day we stopped to visit Anna and Elbert on our way across Kent Island. We had Popeye's chicken in Richmond and made it home by 6 pm.
Everything at home was good and the dogs are happy to get out of the back of the car. I'm getting ready for the new sliding glass doors by making space. In the meantime Arlo is now in his big boy bed and Lyle has turned 7 months old. I have my plane ticket to visit them in November. Can't wait!
 |
| Caprese salad with added peach slices! |
 |
Caipirinhas, Braziliam rum cocktail
|
 |
| Lyle at 7 mos. |