Kept:
1966 program from my first opera - Don Giovanni at the old Met
1973 World Series and National League Championship programs (NY Mets)
Some of Moody's and ML's childhood books
1978 Opera News with Beverly Sills on the cover as Thais
My transcripts and recommendations from Columbia University (several professors wrote that I was "exuberant"!)
MBTI materials and books
3 typed sermons from 1978 written by Moody on the reserection and eternal life
Book on medieval feasts, a few souvenir pamphlets from my 1972 trip to Europe
Recycled:
My SF 171 and personnel folder from my 30 year career with the Federal government
Many awards from work and press for my publications releases
Many files with articles that were helpful to my research on physician and emergency medical utilization
15 year old cell phones
Given to Public Library:
Books not previously disposed like Follow the River, The Frontiersman, Stonewall Jackson
Some of the books written by cousin Julia Davis
Anthologies of English Literature (Norton's type is too small for my eyes to read)
It was fun looking at this stuff that will be totally meaningless to whoever has the go through my stuff when the roll is called up yonder. There are still plenty of shelves that can be tackled and I will soon. I have a whole raft of stat books that should be given away, hard copies of all my publications, and many books on embroidery, smocking, and quilt making. I also have tons of music for my various instruments including vocal, piano, mountain and hammered dulcimer, guitar, violin, etc. Then there are my hymnals, bibles, and prayer books. We won't even mention all the VHS tapes!
Progress nonetheless, I now have space for my dozen juice glasses for holding gazpacho, and new paisley chargers in turquoise and white, and devices for serving stacked food in various shapes. Looks like party planning is in my future rather than scholarly research.