Thursday, September 8, 2016

End of Summer

The folks came and installed my new sliding glass door in the den and I love the extra light.  We put one of the old windows into the garage for some extra light and ventilation there.  The other window we donated to Habitat for Humanity.  I painted one of our old wooden bookcases and placed in the den to hold some of my stuff for ready access. There is still work to be done in the rose garden like installing the fountain but hope that gets done next week when it is not so hot.



I attended a Chinese dumpling and sushi making class at Southern Season and highly recommend the dipping sauces.  I had mostly failure with the dumplings I made, with 1/3 exploding in the cooking process.  I will work on it some more but buying frozen dumplings and using the sauces is a winner!

This last week had several milestones including my 8-year anniversary of retiring from federal service and moving to NC (Sept 3) as well as John & Carol's 20th wedding anniversary (Sept 7).  My how time flies!  I also spent a fair amount of time looking into cruises to Alaska and have booked one with John & Carol in late Spring.

1996


Sim and I spent Labor Day at his tennis club with round-robin tennis and BBQ.  It's still mighty hot here but pleasant in the den watching the US Open tennis on TV.  I see pictures of Arlo and Lyle most every day so have included some for you.




First music lesson