We returned from CA Saturday with no problems. I had the TSA pre-check on my boarding pass which meant no security lines or issues. We hung out in the United Club for a few hours since we returned the rental car a bit early to avoid an extra day charge. The last few days in CA were jam packed.
The day after Xmas, Sim and I drove to Brentwood which is about one hour from Novato. We looked at Trilogy in the Vineyards which is a 55+ community east of SF. I really liked it since it was like Fearrington Village only had vineyards in place of cows and goats. The cost of the houses is reasonable for CA but still a bit high for me. My fav model is below; it has a central courtyard. We also looked at houses in Petaluma which is a real cute town just north of Novato, but in my price range, there are only one bathroom bungalows that cannot hold my mother's grand piano.
On Friday, we drove up to Bodega Bay and Santa Rosa which are two go Alfred Hitchock's favorite sets for movies. We went out to eat at a beautiful restaurant south of San Rafael.
I picked up the dogs from Companion Camp and was presented with a pic of Zoe and Zelda with Santa. They are glad to be home however. Sunday night we went to Sim's son's house for family gathering. Below are some pics...
 |
| Model I liked best at Trilogy |
 |
| In Bodega Bay |
 |
| With Sim's grandchildren |
 |
| Doing dishes |
 |
| ML's announcement on facebook |